Hello all!
Im officially half way done with my experience in the MTC. What an experience it has already been.
First, let me just say that Chile is awesome. I already love the country and the people. Its hard because in the MTC, Im basically in class all day everyday. Every day for 12 hours a day Im up, working, studying Spanish, and preparing to teach the people of this wonderful country.
Dont get me wrong- this isnt all a walk in the park. Spanish is tough, especially when you are trying to learn it all in 6 weeks. But I feel the Lord supporting me and helping me, and through Him I am already able to teach full lessons, hold conversations, and understand a good percentage of what people say. It isnt easy always here, but it is oh so worth it. And I have the coolest companions and district, which helps!
We also had a special visitor this week- Elder Russel M Nelson from the Quorom of the 12. What an experience to sit and hear an apostle of the Lord speak and shake his hand. It was the best day ever!
Mission life is an adjustment, and Im working hard. But the Lord has made it clear that He is here, working with me. He has been my source of strength through the days when I feel like I cant do it.
I have so much I could say, but so little time to type. But I think it is important to let you all know, that I know our Savior lives. This is His church, and I am here to represent Him and help gather Zion.
The food is gross and the language at times feels impossible. But such is life. I couldnt be happier. My heart feels so full. And I love all your letters! Thanks for the support.
I also promise my emails will be more interesting in the following months. But nothing very interesting happens here. Just lots of classes. And an occasional visit from apostles. Only 3 more weeks until Im out in the field!
Remember the words from the wise Gordon B Hinckley.... Get on your knees and pray, and then get on your feet and work..
Sorry the puncuation in this letter is weird lol, I cant figure out yet how to work a Spanish keyboard.
Siempre,
Hermana Huish
I attached a picture of my district. These are the people I spend each waking moment with. We have way too much fun. I lucked out with these guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment